Join us for our first big float of the summer! We'll be cruising down the Guadalupe River, taking in the scenery and enjoying each other's company. It's the perfect way to kick off Summer 2012!
We are estimating about 3-4 hours on the river, but this, of course, will depend on the flow.
12:30: Meet in parking lot at Academy south and arrange carpools.
If you do not want to go to eat after the float, make sure you get into a car with someone else who is going directly home!
1:30: Arrive at River Sports Tubes, check-in, get tubes and take shuttle to put-in point.
5-6pm: We will get out of the river and take shuttle back to our cars
Those interested can go eat - rest can head home.
1. Do NOT bring valuables or car keys on the river! Be sure to leave valuables at home and car keys with River Sports Tubes. They will hold our keys for us.
2. Do NOT bring styrofoam or glass! The fine is $500 for either of these, and they do enforce this.
3. Make sure to wear a strap for your eye/sunglasses.
4. Bring plenty of water. You will be in the sun for 4 hours! If you drink only beer, you will have an incredible headache from dehydration.
5. On that note....be responsible!! Please drink responsibly if you are driving!!
6. Since we will be on the river for a while, I recommend bringing snack for the ride.
7. Bring your own drinks (alcoholic and non-), ice, cooler. You may want to find someone to share a cooler tube. You may also want to bring a length of rope to tie your cooler tube.
8. Price includes one tube with a bottom and the shuttle fee
9. If you prefer a raft, you will need to make these arrangements with River Sports Tubes directly.